Resident Evil: Revelations is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U, with a release date set for May 21 in North America and May 24 in Europe, Capcom announced today.
The game originally launched on Nintendo 3DS just under a year ago to a warm reception; this spring's release marks the first time it will be available outside the Nintendo handheld and in high definition. Capcom will sell retail disc versions on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U for $49.99; it will also release the game digitally on PS3 and PC on launch day, with digital versions on Xbox 360 and Wii U coming later.
According to Capcom, the HD upgrade will include better graphics and lighting, along with some new elements. Hunk will now be playable in the game's cooperative Raid mode. The console and PC version will also feature a new difficulty level above those available in the 3DS title, a new enemy, new weapons in Raid and new Custom Parts for the weapons in Raid mode.
Capcom's announcement of the console and PC versions today confirms a rumor from November, in which a Korean ratings board listed PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
Update: Sony just released a trailer for the PS3 version of Revelations. Check it out below.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game