Naughty Dog's post-apocalyptic action adventure game The Last of Us will come to North America in two special edition releases, the $79.99 Survival Edition and $149.99 Post-Pandemic Edition targeted at "the true collector." In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Sony reveals the contents of the game's two deluxe packages.
The Survival Edition of the PlayStation 3 game will ship with a 170-page hardcover art book published by Dark Horse Comics, a Steelbook case, the first issue of The Last of Us: American Dreams comic book, a Naughty Dog sticker sheet and the "Sights & Sounds" downloadable content pack.
Included in that DLC pack is the official game soundtrack, a PS3 dynamic theme and PlayStation Network avatars for Winter Joel and Ellie.
The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition, which is exclusive to retailer GameStop, will include the contents of the Survival Edition (minus the art book), plus a 12-inch statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce and the Survival DLC pack.
The extra downloadable content includes a handful of multiplayer bonuses: bonus XP, a melee booster, in-game currency and customizable character items. Owners of the Post-Pandemic Edition will also receive bonus skins for Joel and Ellie upon completing the game for the first time.
The Dark Horse-published Art of The Last of Us book will be sold separately for $39.99.
The Last of Us is scheduled to come to PlayStation 3 in North America on May 7.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4