Square Enix revealed concept art today of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's take on one of the most iconic aeons/monsters from the series, Shiva.
Having appeared in every main series game as a summon since Final Fantasy 3 through to Final Fantasy 13 (in FF13-2 she took the form of an airship instead of a summon), Shiva returns in A Realm Reborn as an "Ice Queen" who takes on a humanoid female form. She maintains the same willowy, feminine appearance she has had in previous games, and while she may not appear as blue as she does in her previous incarnations, Square Enix says that the images represent works in progress and do not fully represent what will appear in-game.
The PC beta for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn begins mid-February.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes