Square Enix revealed concept art today of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's take on one of the most iconic aeons/monsters from the series, Shiva.
Having appeared in every main series game as a summon since Final Fantasy 3 through to Final Fantasy 13 (in FF13-2 she took the form of an airship instead of a summon), Shiva returns in A Realm Reborn as an "Ice Queen" who takes on a humanoid female form. She maintains the same willowy, feminine appearance she has had in previous games, and while she may not appear as blue as she does in her previous incarnations, Square Enix says that the images represent works in progress and do not fully represent what will appear in-game.
The PC beta for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn begins mid-February.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom announced, has kind of a Zelda vibe