YouTube user LXL15 spent a period of eight months hacking a Game Boy and fitting it with a Dingoo A330 game emulator to create a new handheld console capable of playing games from platforms such as the Game Boy Advance, SNES, NES, Neo Geo and the Game Boy.
The "Gameboo" features the original Game Boy casing; however, it is modified to include extra buttons, a 2.8 inch color screen, 4GB of internal memory, TV-out ports, an MP3 player and a rechargeable lithium ion battery.
A thorough breakdown of the creation process behind this device is available here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)