Capcom plans to release Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, an expanded version of the original title containing all new content, in North America on April 23 and in Europe on April 26, the company announced today.
Available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Dark Arisen can be purchased as a physical disc and or a full-game download and includes an expansive new area complete with new missions and enemies, as well as all previous content from the original Dragons' Dogma.
Current Dragon's Dogma owners will be able to export their characters and all saved data into Dark Arisen to continue their journey and acquire new higher-level skills, over 100 new pieces of weaponry and armor, 14 new character and Pawn augments and new tiers for skills and equipment enhancements. These players will also receive 100,000 Rift Crystals at the start of Dark Arisen and an unlimited supply of Ferrystones, as well as free access to the Gransys Armour pack containing six new costumes.
In addition to the original storyline of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen will take players to Bitterblack Isle to explore an underground world packed with 25 new types of enemy encounters and new treasures. The travel and menu systems have also been tweaked based on player feedback from the original game. Players will also have more character customization options and can choose to switch the voice over to Japanese.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available at retail for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and downloadable through the PlayStation Network for $39.99.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)