A new 3D Mario action game from the Super Mario Galaxy team and a new Mario Kart title are in development for Wii U, and will be revealed at E3, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during a Nintendo Direct presentation this morning.
Details about the titles are slim, but Iwata promised that the games would be in a playable state at this year's E3 conference in Los Angeles, Calif. this June.
A new party game is also in development for Wii U from the creators of Wii Party, which will launch this summer. The title features mini-games strewn across a board game environment (similar to the Mario Party series). Each mini-game title will either use a combination of Wii Remotes and the GamePad, or the GamePad by itself to have players square off against one another, as seen in the Twister-like mini-game above.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds