A new 3D Mario action game from the Super Mario Galaxy team and a new Mario Kart title are in development for Wii U, and will be revealed at E3, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed during a Nintendo Direct presentation this morning.
Details about the titles are slim, but Iwata promised that the games would be in a playable state at this year's E3 conference in Los Angeles, Calif. this June.
A new party game is also in development for Wii U from the creators of Wii Party, which will launch this summer. The title features mini-games strewn across a board game environment (similar to the Mario Party series). Each mini-game title will either use a combination of Wii Remotes and the GamePad, or the GamePad by itself to have players square off against one another, as seen in the Twister-like mini-game above.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?