A Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover title is currently in development by Atlus and Intelligent Systems, according to an announcement in today's Nintendo Direct.
The game will be available on the Wii U. The brief trailer shown during the presentation shows original Fire Emblem characters, including Marth, with stylized visuals familiar to the Shin Megami Tensei series.
Iwata noted that development on the game is progressing, and hinted that there are "many more partners" working on other collaboration projects as well. These additional developers and games will be announced soon.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Tell Us Your Story