The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is getting an HD remake for the Wii U, and will be released by this fall, Nintendo announced today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
The title, which will feature remastered visuals and GamePad functionality, came as a result of the Zelda development team experimenting with environmental art from past Zelda games in the Wii U's new hardware. The team liked its take on Wind Waker's Windfall Island, seen above, so much, that it decided to move ahead with the remake.
Information on the title is still relatively slim, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the game would be released "by fall."
In This StoryStream
- Daggerfall players
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- The Hong Kong Massacre
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward