The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is getting an HD remake for the Wii U, and will be released by this fall, Nintendo announced today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
The title, which will feature remastered visuals and GamePad functionality, came as a result of the Zelda development team experimenting with environmental art from past Zelda games in the Wii U's new hardware. The team liked its take on Wind Waker's Windfall Island, seen above, so much, that it decided to move ahead with the remake.
Information on the title is still relatively slim, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the game would be released "by fall."
In This StoryStream
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)