The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is getting an HD remake for the Wii U, and will be released by this fall, Nintendo announced today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
The title, which will feature remastered visuals and GamePad functionality, came as a result of the Zelda development team experimenting with environmental art from past Zelda games in the Wii U's new hardware. The team liked its take on Wind Waker's Windfall Island, seen above, so much, that it decided to move ahead with the remake.
Information on the title is still relatively slim, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the game would be released "by fall."
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?