The next Legend of Zelda title, slated for release on the Wii U, will implement a new design philosophy that will be a departure from previous series installments, series producer Eiji Aonuma announced in today's Nintendo Direct.
According to Aonuma, the team has set aside the familiar conventions of the series to "get back to basics." Things like completing dungeons in a certain order and only being able to play by yourself will be changed "to create a newborn Zelda so players today can enjoy the real essence of the franchise."
Aonuma said the original plans for fall 2011's Skyward Sword included making these changes, but the developer was unable to change the game's linear structure.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?