Deep Silver will lead all future development on Volition's Saints Row and 4A Games' Metro franchises, and is already thinking about the games' next-gen presence, Deep Silver and parent company Koch Media announced this evening.
The company secured the intellectual property rights for these two franchises at an auction earlier today to liquidate the assets of publisher THQ. Deep Silver will share further information on its plans for the franchises in the coming months.
"With more than 200 games on notable platforms globally, and its proven success creating renowned franchises like Dead Island, Deep Silver is perfectly positioned to lead these brands into the next generation of interactive entertainment for fans around the world," said Koch Media CEO Dr. Klemens Kundratitz in a press statement.
"We're thrilled to usher in a new era for these franchises and are proud to welcome the visionaries and talented forces at Volition on board," added Deep Silver COO Geoff Mulligan.
Earlier today Koch Media made an offer of $22.3 million for developer Volition and $5.8 million for 4A's Metro franchise, which includes Metro 2033 and upcoming title Metro: Last Light. The offer is expected to be approved by a judge tomorrow morning.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?