The executive director and producer of Platinum Games, Atsushi Inaba, tweeted his interest in buying THQ's Darksiders today after learning that no one made a bid for the franchise during THQ's auction today.
In a tweet he wrote today, the boss of the studio behind Bayonetta, Vanquish and the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance said (in Japanese): "Oh man in THQ's big sale it looks like nobody's bought Darksiders ... I'd love to buy that (if it was cheap)."
In today's sale of THQ assets, Vigil Games and its properties failed to find a buyer, resulting in Vigil employees losing their jobs and the fate of the studio remaining as part of THQ's Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. A Vigil Games employee wrote a goodbye letter posted to the NeoGaf forum.
THQのスタジオ＆IPバラ売りオークションで『DARKSIDERS』売れ残ったってマジか。買いたいなあ…安く…— 稲葉敦志(Atsushi Inaba) (@PG_inaba) January 24, 2013
We have reached out to Platinum Games to find out if it has any plans on making a bid.
Update: Platinum Games declined to comment.
In This StoryStream
- Game development
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux