The executive director and producer of Platinum Games, Atsushi Inaba, tweeted his interest in buying THQ's Darksiders today after learning that no one made a bid for the franchise during THQ's auction today.
In a tweet he wrote today, the boss of the studio behind Bayonetta, Vanquish and the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance said (in Japanese): "Oh man in THQ's big sale it looks like nobody's bought Darksiders ... I'd love to buy that (if it was cheap)."
In today's sale of THQ assets, Vigil Games and its properties failed to find a buyer, resulting in Vigil employees losing their jobs and the fate of the studio remaining as part of THQ's Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. A Vigil Games employee wrote a goodbye letter posted to the NeoGaf forum.
THQのスタジオ＆IPバラ売りオークションで『DARKSIDERS』売れ残ったってマジか。買いたいなあ…安く…— 稲葉敦志(Atsushi Inaba) (@PG_inaba) January 24, 2013
We have reached out to Platinum Games to find out if it has any plans on making a bid.
Update: Platinum Games declined to comment.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC