The executive director and producer of Platinum Games, Atsushi Inaba, tweeted his interest in buying THQ's Darksiders today after learning that no one made a bid for the franchise during THQ's auction today.
In a tweet he wrote today, the boss of the studio behind Bayonetta, Vanquish and the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance said (in Japanese): "Oh man in THQ's big sale it looks like nobody's bought Darksiders ... I'd love to buy that (if it was cheap)."
In today's sale of THQ assets, Vigil Games and its properties failed to find a buyer, resulting in Vigil employees losing their jobs and the fate of the studio remaining as part of THQ's Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. A Vigil Games employee wrote a goodbye letter posted to the NeoGaf forum.
THQのスタジオ＆IPバラ売りオークションで『DARKSIDERS』売れ残ったってマジか。買いたいなあ…安く…— 稲葉敦志(Atsushi Inaba) (@PG_inaba) January 24, 2013
We have reached out to Platinum Games to find out if it has any plans on making a bid.
Update: Platinum Games declined to comment.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???