Correction: The story below reported that hardware distributor Tommo had stopped production of the Neo Geo X altogether. In reality, the company has only stopped producing the Gold System Limited Edition Collection Series, a package which includes the title Ninja Masters. In a press release acquired by Engadget, the company explains that the Gold System was always planned to be a limited release, and the final batch will arrive at retail in April. We apologize for the error. The original story is below.
Shipment of the device has also ceased throughout Japan; However, 20 new game cards are said to be on their way. It is not yet announced what these titles might be.
It is also unclear whether this decision will affect stock throughout North America and Europe. The Neo Geo X Gold console, which includes the handheld device, dock, arcade stick and 20 pre-loaded games, only recently hit Europe last December, while the package sold out during its U.S. launch.
We have contacted U.S. distributor Tommo over whether a similar decision will be made regarding an end to production outside of Japan. We will update the story when further information is made available.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks