The IGN Pro League is partnering with the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences to host the first DICE IPL Showdown event, a face-off between four of the world's best StarCraft 2 players to be held at the DICE Summit next month, AIAS announced today.
The four contestants will compete for the title of Fight Club champion and a $10,000 prize pool. Participants include 2012 StarCraft 2 World Championship Series winner in the Spanish division Pedro "LucifroN" Moreno Duran, Battle.net North American and Canadian Championships and Playhem "Sponsor Me!" Tournament winner Sasha "Scarlett" Hoshyn, Major League Gaming Spring Arena 2 champion Donghwan "viOLet" Kim and Manuel "Grubby" Schenkhuizen, who specializes in real-time strategy and has won six world championship titles.
The Showdown will take place on Thursday, Feb. 7 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. PT in the Hard Rock Hotel's Vinyl Nightclub. There are 500 free tickets currently available for attendees who RSVP through Eventbrite. All Showdown ticket holders will also be given balcony seating at the 16th Annual DICE Awards that evening, hosted by The Nerdist's Chris Hardwick.
The 2013 DICE Summit will take place Feb. 5 through 8 in Las Vegas.
In This StoryStream
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)