PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and PSP owners can now purchase games, downloadable content, movies and TV shows for their gaming devices from the comfort of a web browser, thanks to the newly launched Sony Entertainment Network online store.
Available now in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil, the online store allows PlayStation Network account holders to add funds to their wallet, update account and billing info, redeem pre-paid cards, review purchase history, make game purchases and more.
Purchases and demo downloads made from the Sony Entertainment Network store can then be downloaded from a PS3, Vita or PSP.
In an announcement, Sony promises to "continue to update the PlayStation Store and online store with new features that improve usability and convenience for finding, purchasing and accessing content." Sony lists advanced recommendation, automatic remote download of purchased content and phone and tablet browsing as forthcoming updates.
Sony launched a major overhaul of its PlayStation Store for the PS3 late last year.
In a video posted to the PlayStation Blog, PlayStation Store director Grace Chen walks users through the Sony Entertainment Network online store.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28