Electronic Arts is rolling out an alpha version of its Origin client for Mac OS X in advance of an official release expected "soon."
The current alpha test release of Origin for Mac does not include access to the Origin Store, writes EA's Thierry Nguyen, who adds, "Rest assured, the store will be live — with a great catalog of EA and partner titles — when we formally release the client." The alpha also does not currently support one-click livestreaming to Twitch from within Origin, but plans to add the feature "as soon as possible."
Origin for Mac's alpha trial includes a free copy of PopCap's Bookworm.
The alpha client requires Mac OS X 10.6.8, the most recent version of "Snow Leopard," and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?