The recently announced high-definition port of Resident Evil: Revelations won't be released on PlayStation Vita because Capcom wanted to deliver a big-screen experience, the company said earlier this week.
The first comment on the PlayStation Blog article about the game's PlayStation 3 version asked why Capcom isn't bringing the game to Sony's handheld. "When we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc.," said Capcom product manager Mike Lunn.
"This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent."
Capcom announced Jan. 22 that a Revelations HD port is set for release May 21 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U for $49.99. It's worth noting that the game originally launched last year on Nintendo 3DS; even the 3DS XL's screen is slightly smaller than that of the PS Vita.
According to producer Tsukasa Takenaka, the HD port includes greatly enhanced visuals and new content.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)