The recently announced high-definition port of Resident Evil: Revelations won't be released on PlayStation Vita because Capcom wanted to deliver a big-screen experience, the company said earlier this week.
The first comment on the PlayStation Blog article about the game's PlayStation 3 version asked why Capcom isn't bringing the game to Sony's handheld. "When we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc.," said Capcom product manager Mike Lunn.
"This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent."
Capcom announced Jan. 22 that a Revelations HD port is set for release May 21 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U for $49.99. It's worth noting that the game originally launched last year on Nintendo 3DS; even the 3DS XL's screen is slightly smaller than that of the PS Vita.
According to producer Tsukasa Takenaka, the HD port includes greatly enhanced visuals and new content.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- LOVE PROBLEM SOLUTION BABA JI +91-8437760034
- MAHA VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST BABA JI +91-8437760034
- GET YOUR LOST LOVE BACK BY BLACK MAGIC +91-8437760034
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders