The recently announced high-definition port of Resident Evil: Revelations won't be released on PlayStation Vita because Capcom wanted to deliver a big-screen experience, the company said earlier this week.
The first comment on the PlayStation Blog article about the game's PlayStation 3 version asked why Capcom isn't bringing the game to Sony's handheld. "When we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc.," said Capcom product manager Mike Lunn.
"This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent."
Capcom announced Jan. 22 that a Revelations HD port is set for release May 21 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U for $49.99. It's worth noting that the game originally launched last year on Nintendo 3DS; even the 3DS XL's screen is slightly smaller than that of the PS Vita.
According to producer Tsukasa Takenaka, the HD port includes greatly enhanced visuals and new content.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today