Valve landmark first-person shooter Half-Life has been ported and quietly released for Mac OS X and Linux.
While Valve hasn't made any official announcements about the availability of Half-Life for other platforms and currently lists Windows as the only supported OS, the Mac version appears in our Steam library, installs and runs well. The original Half-Life, first released in 1998, has been one of a handful Valve games that hasn't received a non-Windows port since the developer began pursuing Mac and Linux development.
The release of the original Half-Life could pave the way for older Valve-published titles like the original Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and expansions Opposing Force and Blue Shift to come to Mac and Linux.
Half-Life is currently priced at $9.99 on Steam.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite