Valve landmark first-person shooter Half-Life has been ported and quietly released for Mac OS X and Linux.
While Valve hasn't made any official announcements about the availability of Half-Life for other platforms and currently lists Windows as the only supported OS, the Mac version appears in our Steam library, installs and runs well. The original Half-Life, first released in 1998, has been one of a handful Valve games that hasn't received a non-Windows port since the developer began pursuing Mac and Linux development.
The release of the original Half-Life could pave the way for older Valve-published titles like the original Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and expansions Opposing Force and Blue Shift to come to Mac and Linux.
Half-Life is currently priced at $9.99 on Steam.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?