Valve landmark first-person shooter Half-Life has been ported and quietly released for Mac OS X and Linux.
While Valve hasn't made any official announcements about the availability of Half-Life for other platforms and currently lists Windows as the only supported OS, the Mac version appears in our Steam library, installs and runs well. The original Half-Life, first released in 1998, has been one of a handful Valve games that hasn't received a non-Windows port since the developer began pursuing Mac and Linux development.
The release of the original Half-Life could pave the way for older Valve-published titles like the original Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and expansions Opposing Force and Blue Shift to come to Mac and Linux.
Half-Life is currently priced at $9.99 on Steam.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development