A recent update to Namco Bandai's Facebook page includes three pictures from a "recent visit to Japan" where the developers at From Software are working on Dark Souls 2.
The photos show an office quite a bit brighter than the world of Dark Souls with artists sketching out armor, weapons and characters on dual-screen setups. You can check out the rest of the pictures on Facebook to see what ghastly creatures you might run into in the sequel that's headed to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
Dark Souls 2 was announced in December with a teaser trailer at the Spike Video Game Awards. We've since learned that the game has been in development since September 2011, will be roughly twice the size of Dark Souls and aims to be more accessible to newcomers.
For more Dark Souls 2 visuals, head over to the gallery of concept art released in December. You can also check out a an episode of Today I Played, featuring Russ Frushtick journeying into Dark Souls for the first time.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Play Settlers of Catan Anytime thanks to HTML 5