Eve Online erupted today when players began a battle in the lowsec Asakai system with more than 2,800 participants, according to a post on Reddit.
User Itsatrapski posted an album that provides just a glimpse at the overall battle. "What you generally can't see are the sub-capital chips flying around in between all the huge ones," Itsatrapski wrote.
Another Reddit user by the name of Videogameexpert gave a brief explanation for the battle. According to the post, a ship piloted by a member of Something Awful's Goonswarm accidentally jumped into enemy space alone. A fight quickly broke out as more ships poured in to attack and defend.
Videos have also surfaced on YouTube capturing different parts of the battle. Deusexverra called a posted video "only a small portion of the full 2,800 in Asakai that night."
"This is only a few hundred people," Deusexverra wrote, "multiply this by about 10, replace a lot of the smaller ships with bigger ships, and you end up with this. [The] main blob [was] elsewhere in the same system (at roughly the same time)."
Deusexverra linked to another video, posted by user Notiter, which apparently shows the full fight. You can watch it above.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?