Eve Online erupted today when players began a battle in the lowsec Asakai system with more than 2,800 participants, according to a post on Reddit.
User Itsatrapski posted an album that provides just a glimpse at the overall battle. "What you generally can't see are the sub-capital chips flying around in between all the huge ones," Itsatrapski wrote.
Another Reddit user by the name of Videogameexpert gave a brief explanation for the battle. According to the post, a ship piloted by a member of Something Awful's Goonswarm accidentally jumped into enemy space alone. A fight quickly broke out as more ships poured in to attack and defend.
Videos have also surfaced on YouTube capturing different parts of the battle. Deusexverra called a posted video "only a small portion of the full 2,800 in Asakai that night."
"This is only a few hundred people," Deusexverra wrote, "multiply this by about 10, replace a lot of the smaller ships with bigger ships, and you end up with this. [The] main blob [was] elsewhere in the same system (at roughly the same time)."
Deusexverra linked to another video, posted by user Notiter, which apparently shows the full fight. You can watch it above.
- Forum moderation?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31