"My father passed away on Friday after a six month battle with pancreatic cancer," Laurent Corbeil told Polygon. "Normand was a great composer and an amazing father. We urge anyone who's been touched by his music to donate to pancreatic cancer research. The survival rate for this horrible disease is still far too low."
Laurent Bastien Corbeil spoke about his father's diagnosis, battle with pancreatic cancer and, finally, his death, on the Cancer Forums. A post published to Cancer Forums on Jan. 25 by Laurent Corbeil , read: "My father, Normand Corbeil, 56, passed away today at 2:56 p.m. He was a great composer and and amazing dad ... I am in shock."
According to Laurent Corbeil's earlier posts, his father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Aug. 15, 2012.
The Canadian composer was born April 6, 1956 in Montreal. He has been credited for composing the score for Heavy Rain, was working on Quantic Dream's upcoming Beyond: Two Souls, and has been responsible for many television and movie scores including Screamers, Penfield, Twist of Fate, Pretty When You Cry and Napola — Elite für den Führer.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart