"My father passed away on Friday after a six month battle with pancreatic cancer," Laurent Corbeil told Polygon. "Normand was a great composer and an amazing father. We urge anyone who's been touched by his music to donate to pancreatic cancer research. The survival rate for this horrible disease is still far too low."
Laurent Bastien Corbeil spoke about his father's diagnosis, battle with pancreatic cancer and, finally, his death, on the Cancer Forums. A post published to Cancer Forums on Jan. 25 by Laurent Corbeil , read: "My father, Normand Corbeil, 56, passed away today at 2:56 p.m. He was a great composer and and amazing dad ... I am in shock."
According to Laurent Corbeil's earlier posts, his father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Aug. 15, 2012.
The Canadian composer was born April 6, 1956 in Montreal. He has been credited for composing the score for Heavy Rain, was working on Quantic Dream's upcoming Beyond: Two Souls, and has been responsible for many television and movie scores including Screamers, Penfield, Twist of Fate, Pretty When You Cry and Napola — Elite für den Führer.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?