"My father passed away on Friday after a six month battle with pancreatic cancer," Laurent Corbeil told Polygon. "Normand was a great composer and an amazing father. We urge anyone who's been touched by his music to donate to pancreatic cancer research. The survival rate for this horrible disease is still far too low."
Laurent Bastien Corbeil spoke about his father's diagnosis, battle with pancreatic cancer and, finally, his death, on the Cancer Forums. A post published to Cancer Forums on Jan. 25 by Laurent Corbeil , read: "My father, Normand Corbeil, 56, passed away today at 2:56 p.m. He was a great composer and and amazing dad ... I am in shock."
According to Laurent Corbeil's earlier posts, his father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Aug. 15, 2012.
The Canadian composer was born April 6, 1956 in Montreal. He has been credited for composing the score for Heavy Rain, was working on Quantic Dream's upcoming Beyond: Two Souls, and has been responsible for many television and movie scores including Screamers, Penfield, Twist of Fate, Pretty When You Cry and Napola — Elite für den Führer.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)