"My father passed away on Friday after a six month battle with pancreatic cancer," Laurent Corbeil told Polygon. "Normand was a great composer and an amazing father. We urge anyone who's been touched by his music to donate to pancreatic cancer research. The survival rate for this horrible disease is still far too low."
Laurent Bastien Corbeil spoke about his father's diagnosis, battle with pancreatic cancer and, finally, his death, on the Cancer Forums. A post published to Cancer Forums on Jan. 25 by Laurent Corbeil , read: "My father, Normand Corbeil, 56, passed away today at 2:56 p.m. He was a great composer and and amazing dad ... I am in shock."
According to Laurent Corbeil's earlier posts, his father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Aug. 15, 2012.
The Canadian composer was born April 6, 1956 in Montreal. He has been credited for composing the score for Heavy Rain, was working on Quantic Dream's upcoming Beyond: Two Souls, and has been responsible for many television and movie scores including Screamers, Penfield, Twist of Fate, Pretty When You Cry and Napola — Elite für den Führer.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???