"My father passed away on Friday after a six month battle with pancreatic cancer," Laurent Corbeil told Polygon. "Normand was a great composer and an amazing father. We urge anyone who's been touched by his music to donate to pancreatic cancer research. The survival rate for this horrible disease is still far too low."
Laurent Bastien Corbeil spoke about his father's diagnosis, battle with pancreatic cancer and, finally, his death, on the Cancer Forums. A post published to Cancer Forums on Jan. 25 by Laurent Corbeil , read: "My father, Normand Corbeil, 56, passed away today at 2:56 p.m. He was a great composer and and amazing dad ... I am in shock."
According to Laurent Corbeil's earlier posts, his father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Aug. 15, 2012.
The Canadian composer was born April 6, 1956 in Montreal. He has been credited for composing the score for Heavy Rain, was working on Quantic Dream's upcoming Beyond: Two Souls, and has been responsible for many television and movie scores including Screamers, Penfield, Twist of Fate, Pretty When You Cry and Napola — Elite für den Führer.
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians (update)
- BBC launches update of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)