Funcom is holding a musical composition contest for massively multiplayer online role-playing game The Secret World, the winners of which will have their music featured in the game, the developer announced today.
The "Get your music in the game" competition encourages The Secret World community members to submit tunes of their own composition that could serve as audio tracks for various in-game locations, such as shops, eating establishments and nightclubs. Participants can enter solo or as a group. The entries will be judged by Funcom audio director Simon Poole, who edited music for the title's launch trailer and is the current composer for The Secret World
The contest begins today and will end on Feb. 19. The winner will be required to sign a legal contract for use of their submission and the music will be added to The Secret World as soon as the development team can do so.
"There are a lot of talented and dedicated people in the community, and we are lucky to have a game like The Secret World where their music can fit in perfectly," Poole said in a press statement. "We already have many artists contributing with their music to the game, and to now give players the opportunity to let their music sound across the radios of The Secret World is even more exciting."
More detailed instructions on how to enter the contest can be found on The Secret World forums.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed