In a new Letter from the Producer posted to the Final Fantasy 14 forums, producer/director Naoki Yoshida shared a batch of screenshots from the upcoming closed beta testing of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, offering a look at some of the avatar races players can choose from.
The screenshots above show (in order) examples of two Hyur Midlander females, an Elezen male, a female Lalafell, a Miqo'te male and a female Roegadyn, all of which will be available to beta testers during phase one, through not all customization options will be unlocked. Yoshida also noted that Square Enix plans to include 192 different hair colors, and that all customization options should be ready by phase three of the beta.
The final screenshot shows what Yoshida calls a "benchmark" from the game, which appears to be a giant creature possibly featured in one of the game's boss battles.
Phase one of closed beta testing will begin next month. Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn is scheduled for release on Windows PC and PlayStation 3 later this year.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?