Soul Sacrifice, the action game from developer Marvelous AQL and Mega Man, Resident Evil and Dead Rising veteran Keiji Inafune, is set for retail and digital release April 30 in North America, according to a post on the PlayStation Blog.
Pre-orders will ship with exclusive in-game content including two character costumes, three magic items and a free pack that allows you to listen to the game's original Japanese audio. The Japanese language pack will be sold separately after launch. You can see the costumes, box art and a pair of screenshots in the gallery below.
"I'm excited that we are finally able to announce the release date of Soul Sacrifice," Inafune said. "I have put all my passion and soul into the game's concept and my talented team has made an incredible effort to create the best game it could ever be. I'm confident that we've created an extremely engaging game that you will enjoy playing."
We spoke with Inafune at Gamescom last year, so be sure to check out our interview in which he told us that every stage in the Soul Sacrifice is "born out of human greed."
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'