Battlefield 3's fifth and final downloadable expansion, End Game, will bring back the classic Air Superiority mode when it launches in March, according to a description of the content on the game's website.
Air Superiority is an aerial mode from the downloadable World War II title Battlefield 1943. In that game, Air Superiority tasked teams with destroying each other in dogfights while staying aloft to secure the airspace above the map.
Developer EA DICE released an End Game teaser trailer last month that focused on the expansion's new vehicles, including the dirt bike, anti-air vehicle and dropship. In addition to Air Superiority, End Game will mark the return of the Capture the Flag mode, which previously appeared in Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. End Game will also include four new multiplayer maps.
End Game will be available this March. Battlefield Premium members will enjoy two weeks of early access.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free