Battlefield 3's fifth and final downloadable expansion, End Game, will bring back the classic Air Superiority mode when it launches in March, according to a description of the content on the game's website.
Air Superiority is an aerial mode from the downloadable World War II title Battlefield 1943. In that game, Air Superiority tasked teams with destroying each other in dogfights while staying aloft to secure the airspace above the map.
Developer EA DICE released an End Game teaser trailer last month that focused on the expansion's new vehicles, including the dirt bike, anti-air vehicle and dropship. In addition to Air Superiority, End Game will mark the return of the Capture the Flag mode, which previously appeared in Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. End Game will also include four new multiplayer maps.
End Game will be available this March. Battlefield Premium members will enjoy two weeks of early access.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer