Double Fine Productions is selling vinyl figurines modeled after the characters of its recently-released adventure game The Cave, according to a listing on the Double Fine Shop.
For $35, The Cave fans can snag the full set of seven characters: The Monk, the Knight, the Twins, the Adventurer, the Scientist, the Time Traveler and the Hillbilly. Buyers can also purchase a $5 "blind box" containing a single figure, with the figure's identity being a surprise. The figurines are manufactured by Seattle production company Catalyst, which has also designed and produced promotional materials for other video games, including Pokemon-themed Nintendo DS styli and metal lunchboxes for Capcom's action-platformer Bionic Commando.
According to a tweet from Double Fine's Tim Schafer, the company has been selling the figure since PAX Prime last August.
The Double Fine Shop is also offering The Cave t-shirts featuring the silhouettes of all seven characters for $20.
The Cave, created by Double Fine's Ron Gilbert, was released last week through PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, the Nintendo Wii U eShop and on Windows PC and Mac.
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians (update)
- BBC launches update of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there