Defiance, the upcoming online open world shooter from developer Trion Worlds, receives its first beta event for PC players starting at 8 a.m. PST on Jan. 18 and ending at 9 p.m. PST on Jan. 20., the studio announced today.
Hopeful players can sign up for the Advanced Mission Beta 1 here. Beta participants take on the role of an ark hunter, a genetically altered operative described as part treasure hunter and part mercenary. The goal of the ark hunters is to track and recover alien technology to be sold to the highest bidder.
A full player tutorial is available in the beta, in addition to the Waterfront competitive multiplayer map, the Shadow War open world multiplayer map, Arkfall co-op boss battles and the terraformed Mt. Tam.
Defiance is scheduled to hit in April 2013, with releases on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game will attempt to stand out from the pack of MMO titles by combining its narrative with an original television series planned to air on SyFy.Take a look at Polygon's interview with Defiance lead designer Bill Trost on the development of this action-centric MMO.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines