On Dec. 31, 2012, Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition passed the 5 million copies sold mark, according to a tweet from the Xbox 360 version's developer 4J Studios.
A tweet from 4J Studios this morning announced that the development team has returned to work and is looking through the bugs brought on by Minecraft's Title Update 7, which launched in December. The team has promised that a patch correcting the update's bugs will be released sometime in January.
Title Update 7 introduced animal breeding, potion brewing, experience points, enchantment tables and new biomes and items. Title Update 8, which is still in development, will bring with it "The End," a floating island made of Obsidian and a material called End Stone, and home to a high concentration of Endermen creatures and a boss called the Ender Dragon.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell