An update released today for Arctic Combat, Webzen's free-to-play military first person shooter, includes a new mountainous Canadian map, a multiplayer mode, a passive skill and some new weapons, according to a press release from the developer.
The new "Repair Yard" map pits U.S.-led forces "on a mission to recapture the strong points and military facilities constructed by the Russian-based Star Alliance" set against the backdrop of the Canadian mountains. Alongside the map, the update brings Demolition mode, an eight-versus-eight combination of Team Deathmatch and the objective-based Search & Destroy, which tasks players with simultaneously planting a bomb in the enemy's base and defending their own from implantation. The update also includes the new Quick Reload skill, new weapons and weapon skins.
Arctic Combat is available as a free download at the game's website and on Steam for Windows PC. Combatants interested in starting with an edge can pick up Steam-exclusive packs that include weapons, in-game points and coupons. The Steam Starter Pack is available for $9.09 (regularly $12.99) and the Steam Ultimate Pack is $17.49 (regularly $24.99). The 30 percent discounts last until Saturday Jan. 5.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'