"Thank you everyone for your support. This has been an amazing and humbling couple of weeks," the developers said on Twitter upon the conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign.
More than 8,300 backers pledged their support to the project, which Subterranean describes as a god game with strategy elements that's inspired by classic franchises like Dungeon Keeper and StarCraft. While the Kickstarter drive did not reach the next "flex goal" of adding the voice talents of Richard Ridings, the actor who voiced the Mentor in the first two Dungeon Keeper titles, interested parties can continue to donate through PayPal on the game's website.
War for the Overworld is set for release by Aug. 30, 2013, on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance