Publishing a statement on its website (in Japanese), company GungHo Group said it is merging the planning and development power of Grasshopper Manufacture with the power of managing online games cultivated by both companies to produce high quality content.
We have reached out to GungHo group for comment on how the acquisition will affect Grasshopper's current and future projects.
An extensive interview (in Japanese) conducted by 4Gamer with Grasshopper Manufacture's Goichi Suda and GungHo's Morishita Hee can be read here. We will update this story as more information is available.
Update: Comments from Goichi "Suda51" Suda about the acquisition can be read here.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance