Publishing a statement on its website (in Japanese), company GungHo Group said it is merging the planning and development power of Grasshopper Manufacture with the power of managing online games cultivated by both companies to produce high quality content.
We have reached out to GungHo group for comment on how the acquisition will affect Grasshopper's current and future projects.
An extensive interview (in Japanese) conducted by 4Gamer with Grasshopper Manufacture's Goichi Suda and GungHo's Morishita Hee can be read here. We will update this story as more information is available.
Update: Comments from Goichi "Suda51" Suda about the acquisition can be read here.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'