Publishing a statement on its website (in Japanese), company GungHo Group said it is merging the planning and development power of Grasshopper Manufacture with the power of managing online games cultivated by both companies to produce high quality content.
We have reached out to GungHo group for comment on how the acquisition will affect Grasshopper's current and future projects.
An extensive interview (in Japanese) conducted by 4Gamer with Grasshopper Manufacture's Goichi Suda and GungHo's Morishita Hee can be read here. We will update this story as more information is available.
Update: Comments from Goichi "Suda51" Suda about the acquisition can be read here.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free