Ride to Hell, Deep Silver's biker gang-infused game announced in 2008 but never released, is still in development, according to a report from PlayNews and LinkedIn profiles.
Martin Wein, senior communication manager at Deep Silver, told PlayNews that more information on the game would be available "in the near future." LinkedIn profiles for Tom Leighton, an environment artist at developer Eutechnyx and Tristan Dyczkowski, a freelance 3D artist, also list recent work on the game. A product listing on Amazon lists a Dec. 31, 2013 release date on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
We've reached out to Deep Silver for confirmation of the game's continuing development, and will update this story as more information becomes available.
Set in the 1960s, Ride to Hell aims to immerse players in "the original West Coast biker culture," according to Deep Silver's July 2008 announcement. It also references a multiplatform release expected in Q2 2009. The link to the game's official website now redirects to Deep Silver's homepage.
Earlier this month, Deep Silver's parent company, Koch Media, purchased Saints Row developer Volition, Inc. for $22.3 million. Deep Silver, developer of the upcoming Dead Island: Riptide, will now lead future development on the Saints Row series.
Update: A representative from Deep Silver confirmed to Polygon that the game is still in development. "We will have some announcements soon on Ride to Hell," he said, "but that's about all I can say."
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Klei's puzzle game Eets Munchies now available for iOS
- When a successful game is a failure
- Listen to the Blood Marsh theme from Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Assassin's Creed Pirates receives second major update
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Six Pacmen is a musical rendition of a classic game