Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4, slated for release this spring, will be published to Xbox Live Indie Games and PC only, according to tweets from developer Zeboyd's lead designer Robert Boyd.
All three previous episodes are available on Mac, iOS and Android in addition to PC and XBLIG, but according to Boyd sales were not high enough to justify publishing the fourth episode to the additional platforms.
Our mobile games & ports haven't done so well so the new PA RPG will only be on PC & XBLIG. Apologies to fans of iOS/Mac/Android.— Robert Boyd (@werezompire) January 30, 2013
"We'd love to put our games on every platform available but we're a two-man operation and want to be able to keep making new games," he added.
In an interview with IGN last week, Boyd shared that Zeboyd would work on a "sci-fi/spy RPG" codenamed "CSH" once development is completed on Penny Arcade 4. The game features a female protagonist in a futuristic setting and utilizes animated sprites, on-map battles and a "cool level-up system." Boyd also noted the developer would likely pursue a Kickstarter campaign for CSH.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes