Killer is Dead, the upcoming title in development from Lollipop Chainsaw's Grasshopper Manufacture and SUDA51, will receive a global release thanks to a partnership between publishers Kadokawa Games, Deep Silver and Xseed Games.
Xseed is now slated to bring the futuristic action game to North America, while publisher Deep Silver heads distribution of the game in Europe and Australia. Grasshopper Manufacture was recently acquired by GungHo Online Entertainment; However, the company stated the development of Grasshopper's titles would not be affected by this acquisition.
In Killer is Dead, players will take on the role of an executioner called Mondo Zappa, whose weapons of choice are a Japanese sword held in one hand, coupled with interchangeable weapons in his left, artificial arm. The game's first trailer hit last week.
Killer is Dead is scheduled to launch this summer for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes