Killer is Dead, the upcoming title in development from Lollipop Chainsaw's Grasshopper Manufacture and SUDA51, will receive a global release thanks to a partnership between publishers Kadokawa Games, Deep Silver and Xseed Games.
Xseed is now slated to bring the futuristic action game to North America, while publisher Deep Silver heads distribution of the game in Europe and Australia. Grasshopper Manufacture was recently acquired by GungHo Online Entertainment; However, the company stated the development of Grasshopper's titles would not be affected by this acquisition.
In Killer is Dead, players will take on the role of an executioner called Mondo Zappa, whose weapons of choice are a Japanese sword held in one hand, coupled with interchangeable weapons in his left, artificial arm. The game's first trailer hit last week.
Killer is Dead is scheduled to launch this summer for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding