Temple Run 2 downloads are racing at a record pace — the recently released game is the new record holder for fastest-growing mobile game, developer Imangi Studios announced today.
The old record had been set by Rovio Entertainment's Angry Birds Space, which hit 50 million downloads in its first 35 days of release on iOS, Android, Mac and PC last spring. Temple Run 2 launched Jan. 17 on iOS, and that version was downloaded 20 million times in four days. Imangi released an Android version Jan. 24, and both versions combined to reach Angry Birds Space's 50 million download mark yesterday — only 13 days after the iOS launch.
"Temple Run has evolved into something so much bigger than us," said Imangi co-founder Keith Shepherd in a press release announcing the new record. "The game has performed beyond our wildest dreams."
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying