As hard as our editorial team works here at Polygon, we all know the deep, dark truth: We'd be nowhere without our fantastic product team, the men and women who keep this boat that is Polygon afloat and help steer where it's headed in the future.
If you've got what it takes to join the team, here are the spots we're looking to fill:
Developer: Do you have a solid grounding in object-oriented programming and fundamental computer science concepts such as concurrency, complexity theory, and algorithms and data structures? Did you understand that last sentence? If you answered "yes" and you've built some high-traffic web applications in your time, you may just be the person for the job.
Senior Operations Engineer: If you have experience with Ruby on Rails, a passion for configuration management tools and just a touch of healthy paranoia, we want to talk to you. Also, we need you to protect us fragile editorial types from DDoS attacks.
Product Manager - Polygon: Sure, the editorial team has to worry about the words, sounds and videos on Polygon, but as our product manager, you'll be the person in charge of everything else. You'll create the roadmap for the site, you'll work with editorial to define features of the site and you'll do a lot of whiteboard doodling.
So what are you waiting for? Apply already! Want a sample of what life is like on the product team? Check out the product team blog.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds