As hard as our editorial team works here at Polygon, we all know the deep, dark truth: We'd be nowhere without our fantastic product team, the men and women who keep this boat that is Polygon afloat and help steer where it's headed in the future.
If you've got what it takes to join the team, here are the spots we're looking to fill:
Developer: Do you have a solid grounding in object-oriented programming and fundamental computer science concepts such as concurrency, complexity theory, and algorithms and data structures? Did you understand that last sentence? If you answered "yes" and you've built some high-traffic web applications in your time, you may just be the person for the job.
Senior Operations Engineer: If you have experience with Ruby on Rails, a passion for configuration management tools and just a touch of healthy paranoia, we want to talk to you. Also, we need you to protect us fragile editorial types from DDoS attacks.
Product Manager - Polygon: Sure, the editorial team has to worry about the words, sounds and videos on Polygon, but as our product manager, you'll be the person in charge of everything else. You'll create the roadmap for the site, you'll work with editorial to define features of the site and you'll do a lot of whiteboard doodling.
So what are you waiting for? Apply already! Want a sample of what life is like on the product team? Check out the product team blog.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- The Swapper coming to Wii U later this year
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- A New Steam Controller