After an extended hiatus, adventurer Lara Croft will make her return to comic books courtesy of Dark Horse Publishing. Tomb Raider: The Beginning, a prequel to the upcoming video game reboot, will focus on the story of the crew of The Endurance and its mission to discover the lost Japanese kingdom of Yamatai and kick off Lara's new comic book series.
Tomb Raider lead writer Rhianna Pratchett is credited with writing The Beginning, which she says fleshes out "the world [Croft] and the other characters inhabited, and the story behind their voyage." Dark Horse and game developer Crystal Dynamics describe Tomb Raider: The Beginning as a "48-page, six-part hardcover omnibus." The full comic will be available as a pre-order bonus for Tomb Raider at retailer Best Buy.
Before her Dark Horse-published revival, Lara Croft starred in her own comic book series published by Top Cow Entertainment. The initial run of Tomb Raider ran 50 issues from 1999 to 2005.
Lara Croft's ongoing comic book adventures will continue after the new video game hits North America on March 5.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free