The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Activision's upcoming first-person shooter based on the AMC TV show, will be released on March 19 in the U.S., a week earlier than its previously announced March 26 release date, according to a post on One of Swords.
The new release date pertains to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC versions, an Activision representative confirmed to Polygon. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will be released on March 22 in the U.K. and March 26 in U.S. for Wii U.
U.S. pre-orders at Amazon include five blade weapons bundled as the Walker Execution Pack. GameStop's pre-orders contain the wave-based Herd Mode Challenge on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well as a necklace with a severed ear, just like the game and TV show's quasi-lovable character Daryl. GAME stores in the U.K. are offering the same pre-order bonus as GameStop.
Announced last July, developer Terminal Reality's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct follows Daryl and Merle Dixon as they make their way to Atlanta post-zombie apocalypse. You can check out a trailer released just before Christmas here.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- What do these major changes to Twitch mean for eSports?