The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Activision's upcoming first-person shooter based on the AMC TV show, will be released on March 19 in the U.S., a week earlier than its previously announced March 26 release date, according to a post on One of Swords.
The new release date pertains to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC versions, an Activision representative confirmed to Polygon. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct will be released on March 22 in the U.K. and March 26 in U.S. for Wii U.
U.S. pre-orders at Amazon include five blade weapons bundled as the Walker Execution Pack. GameStop's pre-orders contain the wave-based Herd Mode Challenge on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well as a necklace with a severed ear, just like the game and TV show's quasi-lovable character Daryl. GAME stores in the U.K. are offering the same pre-order bonus as GameStop.
Announced last July, developer Terminal Reality's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct follows Daryl and Merle Dixon as they make their way to Atlanta post-zombie apocalypse. You can check out a trailer released just before Christmas here.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'