The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, a bundle including the first two BioShock titles and more than $40 worth of downloadable content, will be released in North America on Jan. 14, publisher 2K Games announced today.
The bundle will be available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99, and will see an international release at a later date. The Ultimate Rapture Edition also includes the "Museum of Orphaned Concepts," a digital showcase of early character models and concept art that were scrapped, as well as a BioShock Infinite sticker pack.
The additional content includes DLC for both BioShock and BioShock 2:
- Plasmids Pack (BioShock), which includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics
- Challenge Rooms Pack (BioShock), which was previously exclusive to PS3 owners and adds three more puzzle rooms
- Sinclair Solutions Tester pack (BioShock 2), additional customization options for the game's multiplayer modes
- Rapture Metro pack(BioShock 2), which adds six maps, a new gameplay mode and increases rank level to 50 for use in multiplayer modes
- The Protector Trials pack(BioShock 2), an additional six maps for single-player mode
- Minerva's Den pack (BioShock 2), an add-on that expands the narrative and introduces new characters and environments.
The next title in developer Irrational Games' franchise, BioShock Infinite, will be released worldwide for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 26.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)