The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, a bundle including the first two BioShock titles and more than $40 worth of downloadable content, will be released in North America on Jan. 14, publisher 2K Games announced today.
The bundle will be available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99, and will see an international release at a later date. The Ultimate Rapture Edition also includes the "Museum of Orphaned Concepts," a digital showcase of early character models and concept art that were scrapped, as well as a BioShock Infinite sticker pack.
The additional content includes DLC for both BioShock and BioShock 2:
- Plasmids Pack (BioShock), which includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics
- Challenge Rooms Pack (BioShock), which was previously exclusive to PS3 owners and adds three more puzzle rooms
- Sinclair Solutions Tester pack (BioShock 2), additional customization options for the game's multiplayer modes
- Rapture Metro pack(BioShock 2), which adds six maps, a new gameplay mode and increases rank level to 50 for use in multiplayer modes
- The Protector Trials pack(BioShock 2), an additional six maps for single-player mode
- Minerva's Den pack (BioShock 2), an add-on that expands the narrative and introduces new characters and environments.
The next title in developer Irrational Games' franchise, BioShock Infinite, will be released worldwide for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 26.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- Destiny's beta comparison video: PS4 versus Xbox One
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
More from Polygon
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?