The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, a bundle including the first two BioShock titles and more than $40 worth of downloadable content, will be released in North America on Jan. 14, publisher 2K Games announced today.
The bundle will be available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99, and will see an international release at a later date. The Ultimate Rapture Edition also includes the "Museum of Orphaned Concepts," a digital showcase of early character models and concept art that were scrapped, as well as a BioShock Infinite sticker pack.
The additional content includes DLC for both BioShock and BioShock 2:
- Plasmids Pack (BioShock), which includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics
- Challenge Rooms Pack (BioShock), which was previously exclusive to PS3 owners and adds three more puzzle rooms
- Sinclair Solutions Tester pack (BioShock 2), additional customization options for the game's multiplayer modes
- Rapture Metro pack(BioShock 2), which adds six maps, a new gameplay mode and increases rank level to 50 for use in multiplayer modes
- The Protector Trials pack(BioShock 2), an additional six maps for single-player mode
- Minerva's Den pack (BioShock 2), an add-on that expands the narrative and introduces new characters and environments.
The next title in developer Irrational Games' franchise, BioShock Infinite, will be released worldwide for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 26.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites