The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition, a bundle including the first two BioShock titles and more than $40 worth of downloadable content, will be released in North America on Jan. 14, publisher 2K Games announced today.
The bundle will be available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $29.99, and will see an international release at a later date. The Ultimate Rapture Edition also includes the "Museum of Orphaned Concepts," a digital showcase of early character models and concept art that were scrapped, as well as a BioShock Infinite sticker pack.
The additional content includes DLC for both BioShock and BioShock 2:
- Plasmids Pack (BioShock), which includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics
- Challenge Rooms Pack (BioShock), which was previously exclusive to PS3 owners and adds three more puzzle rooms
- Sinclair Solutions Tester pack (BioShock 2), additional customization options for the game's multiplayer modes
- Rapture Metro pack(BioShock 2), which adds six maps, a new gameplay mode and increases rank level to 50 for use in multiplayer modes
- The Protector Trials pack(BioShock 2), an additional six maps for single-player mode
- Minerva's Den pack (BioShock 2), an add-on that expands the narrative and introduces new characters and environments.
The next title in developer Irrational Games' franchise, BioShock Infinite, will be released worldwide for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on March 26.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?