"Crysis was always intended to be a trilogy and I think that over that time we've built a really cool universe," Read said. "We haven't really gone in and said 'Hey let's put Nano suits and clown suits and stuff and completely violate and sell our IP.' We've done a fairly good job at maintaining that, so I think in terms of the universe, we have a lot more life left in that to go back and try some unique stuff. Whether it's FPS or not I have no idea, but there's definitely a future in the franchise."
Crysis 3 is set for a Feb. 19 North American release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC. It will release in Europe Feb. 22.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer