Telltale Games, creator of the award-winning episodic adventure game The Walking Dead, hopes to one day tackle a major franchise like Star Wars or Half-Life.
Speaking with Redbull UK, chief executive officer Dan Connors explained that "coming from LucasArts, we always felt we could do a great Star Wars story game."
"We also love the idea of building out a deeper story to a great game franchise, something like Half-Life Stories or Halo Stories," Connors said.
Telltale is currently working on Season 2 of The Walking Dead, although the studio is still "just starting to form the concept." Connors revealed that the team looks to television for development inspiration.
"We always look at the best episodic series out there," Connors said. "Obviously The Walking Dead TV show, but also Game of Thrones and Mad Men, for the way they handle characters and are able to present them with so much depth."
(Thanks for the tip, Ben.)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)