Telltale Games, creator of the award-winning episodic adventure game The Walking Dead, hopes to one day tackle a major franchise like Star Wars or Half-Life.
Speaking with Redbull UK, chief executive officer Dan Connors explained that "coming from LucasArts, we always felt we could do a great Star Wars story game."
"We also love the idea of building out a deeper story to a great game franchise, something like Half-Life Stories or Halo Stories," Connors said.
Telltale is currently working on Season 2 of The Walking Dead, although the studio is still "just starting to form the concept." Connors revealed that the team looks to television for development inspiration.
"We always look at the best episodic series out there," Connors said. "Obviously The Walking Dead TV show, but also Game of Thrones and Mad Men, for the way they handle characters and are able to present them with so much depth."
(Thanks for the tip, Ben.)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition