Zynga launched FarmVille 2 in early September, and the company released an infographic today to illustrate a few important statistics for the massive social game, including its monthly active user count of 40 million.
As of December 2012, FarmVille 2 was the top title on Facebook, with over 8 million daily users and 40 million monthly users, as measured by analytics company AppData. Those players harvest 350 million crops every day, and plant 8,000 crops per second.
FarmVille 2 is played in 180 countries around the globe, with approximately 1 in 8 people in Turkey, and 17 in Vatican City — the world's smallest and least populous country — counted among its user base. Nine FarmVille 2 players come from Tuvalu, a tiny island nation in the Pacific Ocean halfway between Hawaii and Australia.
Zynga is particularly proud of FarmVille 2 players' charitable contributions. A fundraising drive for Water.org in November made FarmVille 2 the top Zynga game in terms of funds donated by players buying in-game items, and the money secured lifetime access to clean drinking water for 17,876 individuals.
Check out the full infographic below.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes