A first look at the in-game interface of Company of Heroes 2 shows off mechanics that are "designed to give the player a full view of the battlefield and quick unit control," according to a post on the game's official website.
Outlining various aspects of the interface, the post gives readers an idea of how gameplay will function. The minimap, similar in design to its predecessor, grants players a bird's-eye view of capture points and territory control lines on the battlefield. Unique icons represent different map objectives.
Next to the minimap, players will find the Unit Portrait, which displays stats such as character health, experience and allegiance. Other information panels, such as the Bridge and the Resource panel, inform players on unit information, valuable resources and more.
Although the new user interface is complete functionality wise, the dev team will continue to make small tweaks from alpha stress test and closed beta feedback.
Check out the full list of descriptions on Company of Heroes website. Company of Heroes 2 is available for Windows pre-order now. The game is expected to enter closed beta soon.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28