A first look at the in-game interface of Company of Heroes 2 shows off mechanics that are "designed to give the player a full view of the battlefield and quick unit control," according to a post on the game's official website.
Outlining various aspects of the interface, the post gives readers an idea of how gameplay will function. The minimap, similar in design to its predecessor, grants players a bird's-eye view of capture points and territory control lines on the battlefield. Unique icons represent different map objectives.
Next to the minimap, players will find the Unit Portrait, which displays stats such as character health, experience and allegiance. Other information panels, such as the Bridge and the Resource panel, inform players on unit information, valuable resources and more.
Although the new user interface is complete functionality wise, the dev team will continue to make small tweaks from alpha stress test and closed beta feedback.
Check out the full list of descriptions on Company of Heroes website. Company of Heroes 2 is available for Windows pre-order now. The game is expected to enter closed beta soon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)