Square Enix is now accepting beta applications worldwide Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn on Windows PC and PlayStation 3.
Players who fulfilled the Legacy Campaign requirements by registering their copy of Final Fantasy 14's original 2010 Version 1.0 before May 31, 2012 are eligible to be beta testers for the Windows PC version. These players can begin in phase 1 of testing, which will start in mid-February. Those who wish to participate in the PlayStation 3 beta must apply for it separately.
Players who applied to be beta testers for the PS3 version of Final Fantasy 14 Version 1.0 but were selected to test the PC version will be reconsidered for A Realm Reborn PS3 testers. Those who want to test the PC version should re-apply specifically for it.
Square Enix rewards club members who received beta codes in their copy of Final Fantasy 13 can enter the code at the end of their applications and will be given priority in tester selection. Players who applied for the alpha test need not reapply for the beta, but alpha participation does not guarantee selection for the beta.
Square Enix released a detailed "road map" for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn beta testing in December.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Tales from the Borderlands lets you stop and smell the chaotic roses