Nintendo will release a brand new Pokémon game series for the 3DS called Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in October 2013, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced in a Nintendo Direct presentation today.
The game will make use of the Nintendo's 3DS's features and will release in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan "around the same time," Iwata said.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will feature three starter Pokémon: Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Pikachu appeared briefly in the trailer for the games among the new Pokémon introduced.
The games will allow players to play with each other and connect globally. With previous Pokémon games releasing years apart in Japan and North America, Iwata emphasized that this will be the first Pokémon series that will receive a similar release period worldwide so that players can connect with each other.
The trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can be viewed below.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?