Nintendo will release a brand new Pokémon game series for the 3DS called Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in October 2013, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced in a Nintendo Direct presentation today.
The game will make use of the Nintendo's 3DS's features and will release in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan "around the same time," Iwata said.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will feature three starter Pokémon: Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Pikachu appeared briefly in the trailer for the games among the new Pokémon introduced.
The games will allow players to play with each other and connect globally. With previous Pokémon games releasing years apart in Japan and North America, Iwata emphasized that this will be the first Pokémon series that will receive a similar release period worldwide so that players can connect with each other.
The trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can be viewed below.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!