Nintendo will release a brand new Pokémon game series for the 3DS called Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in October 2013, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced in a Nintendo Direct presentation today.
The game will make use of the Nintendo's 3DS's features and will release in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan "around the same time," Iwata said.
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will feature three starter Pokémon: Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Pikachu appeared briefly in the trailer for the games among the new Pokémon introduced.
The games will allow players to play with each other and connect globally. With previous Pokémon games releasing years apart in Japan and North America, Iwata emphasized that this will be the first Pokémon series that will receive a similar release period worldwide so that players can connect with each other.
The trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can be viewed below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Game development
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- When Gameplay coincides with the story