Lego Marvel Super Heroes, the next Lego title from TT Games and Warner Bros. Interactive and the first one with Marvel comics characters, will be available this fall, the companies announced today.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes will include an original Avengers story featuring S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Nick Fury, who puts together a team of Marvel heroes like Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and Wolverine in order to combat threats in the form of Thor's brother, Loki, and Galactus. Those are just a few of more than 100 unlockable characters from the Marvel Universe. Lego Marvel Super Heroes' tale doesn't necessarily have a direct relationship with last year's Avengers film, but according to the press release announcing the game, it will feature Lego-ized versions of New York and other Marvel Universe locations.
"We're very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in Lego Marvel Super Heroes," said Tom Stone, managing director of TT Games Publishing. Last year, the studio released Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, an open-world Lego game in the DC Universe that was the series' first to feature voice acting.
The game will be a complement to the Lego Marvel Super Heroes toy collection, which currently includes eight sets involving X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man; more will be available around the film Iron Man 3, which will be released this spring.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes is set for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Windows PC, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.