According to Microsoft, pricing and availability may vary by region; the Games on Demand version costs €59.99 in Europe, and £49.99 in the U.K.
Publisher 2K Games originally released XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct. 9, 2012, on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC. The Games on Demand version comes in at 7.08 GB, a tad lower than the size of the game as installed from the Xbox 360 disc release, which is 7.2 GB.
Those who buy the game can now download a free title update that includes the Second Wave DLC, which Firaxis launched today on all platforms. For more details on the 16 gameplay modifications in the package, check out our interview with lead designer Jake Solomon and lead producer Garth DeAngelis.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Watch classic GoldenEye maps recreated in Rise of the Triad