According to Microsoft, pricing and availability may vary by region; the Games on Demand version costs €59.99 in Europe, and £49.99 in the U.K.
Publisher 2K Games originally released XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct. 9, 2012, on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC. The Games on Demand version comes in at 7.08 GB, a tad lower than the size of the game as installed from the Xbox 360 disc release, which is 7.2 GB.
Those who buy the game can now download a free title update that includes the Second Wave DLC, which Firaxis launched today on all platforms. For more details on the 16 gameplay modifications in the package, check out our interview with lead designer Jake Solomon and lead producer Garth DeAngelis.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Ubisoft 'forced' Watch Dogs dev into E3 2012 reveal