The Interesting NPCs mod for Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim adds flavor to the game's non-playable characters with a massive amount of new content: people, dialogue trees, quests and even music.
Kris Takahashi, the mod's creator, calls it "a project to add color and life to Skyrim through [three-dimensional] NPCs." It brings dozens of new characters into the realm of Skyrim, with many being fully voiced by over 50 different volunteer actors from the Interesting NPCs community. Each NPC has its own backstory and unique, detailed dialogue tree, and some even play bard songs — Skyrim-appropriate melodies that are also performed by musicians in the community.
In all, the current version of Interesting NPCs boasts almost 20,000 lines of dialogue, along with eight full quests and six miscellaneous quests. Takahashi plans to keep updating the mod with more content. Check out the trailer above to get an idea of what Interesting NPCs brings to Skyrim.
Interesting NPCs, like all Skyrim mods, is available only for the Windows PC version of the game.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer