Disney Interactive is partnering with Majesco Entertainment to develop a game based on Disney's popular cartoon series Phineas and Ferb, Majesco announced today.
The company plans to release the game in August 2013 for consoles and gaming handhelds, as well as smartphones and tablets.
"We are thrilled to be teaming up with Disney to bring a new Phineas and Ferb game to market across multiple platforms," said Majesco CEO Jesse Sutton. "Phineas and Ferb is known for fun-filled adventures and hilarious gags that appeal to a universal audience, and we're creating a game that leverages the characters and brand attributes of the highly successful series."
Slapstick musical-comedy series Phineas and Ferb, currently in its fourth season, premiered on the Disney Channel in February 2008 and has since grown in popularity with the company's audience. The series' television movie, Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension, broadcast in August 2011, spawned a tie-in video game of the same name for PlayStation 3, Wii, Nintendo DS and PlayStation Vita.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Space Noir's spaceship combat headed to PC and tablets from N-Fusion and Unity Games
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there