U.S. Vice President Joe Biden and his task force will be meeting with representatives from the entertainment and video game industries in the coming weeks to discuss gun-related violence, Reuters reports.
In the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut shootings, Vice President Biden and his task force are examining legislation that would ban assault rifles while also looking into the role of violent movies and video games in the mass shootings.
The task force is slated to hold meetings this week with victims of gun violence, gun safety groups, hunting groups and gun owners. The task force will also meet with representatives of the film and video game industries.
Other members of his task force will meet with mental health and disability advocates as well as teacher, parent and education groups.
The Entertainment Merchant's Association recently wrote a letter to Vice President Biden asking him to consider studies that have already been done before looking for links between violent media and children.
We have reached out to the EMA and the Entertainment Software Association for comment.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- voodoo magic astrology in south africa +91-9950211818
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Online Vashikaran baba ji in nagaland+91-9950211818
- World Famous Astrologer in america +91-9950211818
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming