Crysis 3 will not be coming to Wii U consoles as there is not enough "business drive" to make a port worthwhile, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told Digital Spy.
The decision was made official by EA and Nintendo, says Yerli, in what he describes as "a purely business decision."
"There has been discussions between Nintendo and EA and Crytek, but the bottom line is that there is that there's not enough business drive in it," he explained.
"It's a purely business decision. I'd love to see it on Wii U, but what I love to see and what gets done at the end of the day are two different things. Even so, I could initiate it but someone has to sell it, right?"
Last year, Yerli announced a Wii U title was in development using CryEngine 3; However, it was confirmed the unspecified game would not be developed by Crytek.
"It's a business decision between EA and Nintendo," Yerli continued. "If that business decision doesn't make sense, or seems to not make sense for them, it's...not possible for us to make it. We can't publish ourselves, and that's the bottom line."
Crysis 3 launches on Feb. 19 in North America, on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)