Crysis 3 will not be coming to Wii U consoles as there is not enough "business drive" to make a port worthwhile, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told Digital Spy.
The decision was made official by EA and Nintendo, says Yerli, in what he describes as "a purely business decision."
"There has been discussions between Nintendo and EA and Crytek, but the bottom line is that there is that there's not enough business drive in it," he explained.
"It's a purely business decision. I'd love to see it on Wii U, but what I love to see and what gets done at the end of the day are two different things. Even so, I could initiate it but someone has to sell it, right?"
Last year, Yerli announced a Wii U title was in development using CryEngine 3; However, it was confirmed the unspecified game would not be developed by Crytek.
"It's a business decision between EA and Nintendo," Yerli continued. "If that business decision doesn't make sense, or seems to not make sense for them, it's...not possible for us to make it. We can't publish ourselves, and that's the bottom line."
Crysis 3 launches on Feb. 19 in North America, on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign