Crysis 3 will not be coming to Wii U consoles as there is not enough "business drive" to make a port worthwhile, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told Digital Spy.
The decision was made official by EA and Nintendo, says Yerli, in what he describes as "a purely business decision."
"There has been discussions between Nintendo and EA and Crytek, but the bottom line is that there is that there's not enough business drive in it," he explained.
"It's a purely business decision. I'd love to see it on Wii U, but what I love to see and what gets done at the end of the day are two different things. Even so, I could initiate it but someone has to sell it, right?"
Last year, Yerli announced a Wii U title was in development using CryEngine 3; However, it was confirmed the unspecified game would not be developed by Crytek.
"It's a business decision between EA and Nintendo," Yerli continued. "If that business decision doesn't make sense, or seems to not make sense for them, it's...not possible for us to make it. We can't publish ourselves, and that's the bottom line."
Crysis 3 launches on Feb. 19 in North America, on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS